replacement engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement engine

san anyone on here tell me if they have ever dealt with nippon jap spares ? ...... if so are they ok ... ive just bought a replacement engine from them which is now being fitted by toyota (arnold clark)... after being in a garage for 6 friggin weeks and no further forward toyota was the only way to go as no one else would do it for me .. anyway .. are nippon pretty up front and trustworthy .. they say the engine has 34.000 miles on it and comes with 3 month unlimited milage waranty .. is there anyway of telling or finding out if this millage would be guaranteed ??????? .. will have jeep back up and running on friday

nippon

Hi mate

I'm also in the car dismantling and importing business, I've heard nothing but bad things about them, they're lovely to deal with when they are taking your money, but when things go wrong which is usually 50% of the time, they are real so and so's to deal with.

I hope that your deal falls into the good 50%
    [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

Comment

well spoke to toyota and ill have my jeep back on monday ..engine is in but needs finishing touches ... the gaffer also said if something is wrong with engine that nippon would be liable for sending a new one up and would have to pay for the labour to get another one fitted .. hope everything is ok ...

Comment

Originally posted by grunt
        well spoke to toyota and ill have my jeep back on monday ..engine is in but needs finishing touches ... the gaffer also said if something is wrong with engine that nippon would be liable for sending a new one up and would have to pay for the labour to get another one fitted .. hope everything is ok ...
        hope you have better luck than me i had a engine fitted supplied from easy jap parts b'ham 4months ago just came back from devon towing caravan and overheated again paid 3grand with fitting on last engine supplier said it came with warranty which i asked continually for and never got i even called office of fair trading for advice and was told not to worry as i had paid using credit card i now just dont know what to do with it had new tyres and wheels 4months ago tinted windows bullbar car looks the biz have drove it on a short run since being towed home temp was ok but afraid to go anything more than about a mile how do i know for sure if it is a blown head or cracked block or even something else? had a service new thermostat before going away help anyone please.

Comment

engine

Chrissy, who bought the engine, you or the garage who fitted it ? take the car back to the garage and get their opinion, some more info will be usefull.
          Cheers, Steve.

Comment

If your having the engine re-newed by a mainstream Toyoya dealer then the supply company is not your concern. You are dealing with Toyota who should garuntee the work themselves. If they use a dodgy supplier then it's down to them to carry the can if something breaks.
            Unless of course you have already bought the engine privately and are using toyota to fit it, in which case Toyota will only garuntee the work done and not the parts.

Comment

Originally posted by chrissy
              hope you have better luck than me i had a engine fitted supplied from easy jap parts b'ham 4months ago just came back from devon towing caravan and overheated again paid 3grand with fitting on last engine supplier said it came with warranty which i asked continually for and never got i even called office of fair trading for advice and was told not to worry as i had paid using credit card i now just dont know what to do with it had new tyres and wheels 4months ago tinted windows bullbar car looks the biz have drove it on a short run since being towed home temp was ok but afraid to go anything more than about a mile how do i know for sure if it is a blown head or cracked block or even something else? had a service new thermostat before going away help anyone please.
              CHRISSY noticed your post on PRELOVED. You state that its a 1995 Engine Not True as they stopped producing 2.4 surfs in early 1993 .
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by stevo
                Chrissy, who bought the engine, you or the garage who fitted it ? take the car back to the garage and get their opinion, some more info will be usefull.
                Cheers, Steve.
                we brought engine ourselves got company off internet rang them and purchased over phone. garage was not toyota just one close by. after having it back was concerned as we had oil in coolant res was told it was just oil that was left in lines which would take time to clear. still not happy took back again and paid another 84-00 to have it flushed and refilled with coolant.garage offered no warranty on fitting as they had not supplied engine do i have any comeback on anyone?

Comment

Fitting

Hi l think you will find that any garage will not warrant an engine suplied by another dealer.
                  Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
                  X