yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.4TD (2LTE) Engines gone, defunked, knackered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4TD (2LTE) Engines gone, defunked, knackered.

Just bought the Surf 1993, and the engines gone, due to what looks like a knackered water pump and a wife that likes to go on & on...........(poor soul was thirsty).
    Anyway the Cylinder Head is cracked and the bores are scored, might even have had a partial seizure (Sound fatal?) I'm trying to get her back on the road as quickly and cheaply as possible.....anybody got any ideas.
    I've been quoted £800 (with VAT & delivered) for a second hand engine and £1,500 (with VAT & delivered) for a reconditioned unit.
    I have a good mechanic so that's not a problem....where's best to get a Cylinder Head, can get the engine block rebored for £80, Skim for £25 & new oversized pistons wif rings fur £69 each (all +VAT)....so think this might be the best way to go?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Yup Andy it's me.
    Cheers
    Iain

Originally posted by BigMo
    Just bought the Surf 1993, and the engines gone, due to what looks like a knackered water pump and a wife that likes to go on & on...........(poor soul was thirsty).
    Anyway the Cylinder Head is cracked and the bores are scored, might even have had a partial seizure (Sound fatal?) I'm trying to get her back on the road as quickly and cheaply as possible.....anybody got any ideas.
    I've been quoted £800 (with VAT & delivered) for a second hand engine and £1,500 (with VAT & delivered) for a reconditioned unit.
    I have a good mechanic so that's not a problem....where's best to get a Cylinder Head, can get the engine block rebored for £80, Skim for £25 & new oversized pistons wif rings fur £69 each (all +VAT)....so think this might be the best way to go?

Yup Andy it's me.
    Cheers
    Iain
    try these http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/members_p...tevo/index.html or give Tonyn a shout
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Its quicker phoning steve as Tony gets his heads off STEVE.
      You cant rebore the 2.4 engine. You can bore out & fit sleeves in the old bores though STEVO will advise you on what to do, He can get the parts if need be.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

tarka3030

new to this site looking for help 2.4 surf LN130,just changed cyl head runs ok but stalls as soon as you slow down(auto)what about all this ecu problem codes help!!!!!!!!.

Comment

"Its quicker phoning steve as Tony gets his heads off STEVE.
          You cant rebore the 2.4 engine. You can bore out & fit sleeves in the old bores though STEVO will advise you on what to do, He can get the parts if need be."

You can rebore the block and use over size pistons no problem.Only have to put liners into them if very badly damaged or want to bring back to standard size.

Comment

know a place where you can get a second hand engine

hello i know a place in birmingham that will do you a second hand engine for £650 all in with 3 month warrenty he has got lots of engines know problem if you wont to know where to get it from just contact me by email and i will tell where to get it from or i will go with you and might get cheaper. thanks jon

c681@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigMo

Yup Andy it's me.
              Cheers
              Iain
              Iain.

I'm really sorry to hear about the Surf, thought I had done everything possible to make it a good and reliable motor. I'm gutted now.

3rd Cylinder head - is this something of a record. And a partially seized engine is really bad luck.
              If I'd known that the water pump was on the way out I would have changed it when I did the head last time - only 40 quid from Toyota.

Really sorry about it, as everyone else has said, have a word with Stevo, he does the heads.

I am now going to go away and cry in a corner. I hate selling a motor which then has a problem, believe me if I'd known I would have fixed it.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X