Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaarggh - warning lights - help!

Hi,

Took a 5 mionute drive this morning, got home and the timing belt light was on.

It's the 2.4td 1990.

I assume this means the timing belt needs changing or tensioning at least?
    Was only changed about 24000 miles ago. How long are they supposed to last?

The orange light next to the tutbo light comes on at the same time. Both only come on when over 2000 rpm, but then seem to stay on after a couple of minutes of driving.

does the orange light normally come on with the timing belt light? Or is this two problems in one?

All help appreciated.

Cheers
    Neil

Q1. When the timing belt was changed, was the light reset (button to do this under plug in instrument glass)?

Q2. I believe the orange light on the 2.4 is the engine check light. This suggests you have a problem with the engine as I believe it only comes on when something is wrong. Best not to start it until you know what's wrong. Have you tried checking for fault codes (there's loads on here about it but never having needed to on mine I'm not sure how to do it).
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      Q1. When the timing belt was changed, was the light reset (button to do this under plug in instrument glass)?

Q2. I believe the orange light on the 2.4 is the engine check light. This suggests you have a problem with the engine as I believe it only comes on when something is wrong. Best not to start it until you know what's wrong. Have you tried checking for fault codes (there's loads on here about it but never having needed to on mine I'm not sure how to do it).
      Q1)Changed about 2 years ago - not sure if they reset it but I've just tried and did not change anything.
      Q2)Yep - read abit about that - need some time to check it out. Thought it might have come on cos of the timing belt light - not been on before this.
      Anyone else any ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X