air con help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con help

i stripped my smurf's radiator to give it a good going over, and noticed a pipe that is hanging about doing nowt, from the under slung air con rad there are two fans atop of it and from each of these there is a pipe leading from the centre of each into a y connector then going up the inner wing, this is where mine ends my queiry is where should it go from there, the pipe is the type you would find on a screen wash feed

john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

any ideas anyone

Comment

They are breather pipes for the fan motors. Stops the motors sucking water when the rad gets submerged.
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
        They are breather pipes for the fan motors. Stops the motors sucking water when the rad gets submerged.
        cheers for enlightening me but where do they ''plug in'' as they have a broken connector on opp end to fans so must of been connected to something

Comment

Can't help with that one - I removed the air con ages ago and my memory's not that good
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
            Can't help with that one - I removed the air con ages ago and my memory's not that good
            at least you now what it was hopfully it will jog someones memory not that it matters much as i havent been using the air con while off road to try and keep temp down

Comment

i have also taken my air con out, , but not knowing what that pipe did, i cable tied it up. i'll go looksee where it goes...

right. it follows aome pipework up and ends with a little funnel jobbie just to the left of the header tank.
              that was a waste of a cable tie then!
              Last edited by Chillitt; 17 July 2005, 18:16.
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                i have also taken my air con out, , but not knowing what that pipe did, i cable tied it up. i'll go looksee where it goes...

right. it follows aome pipework up and ends with a little funnel jobbie just to the left of the header tank.
                that was a waste of a cable tie then!
                charlie i was getting exited reading that reply till the end bit then i

what size cable tie did u use so i can send one to u

Comment

its ok mate, i stole it
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                    its ok mate, i stole it
                    thats OK as the one i was going to send you would have been a bit hot aswell perks of the job

Comment

Working...
                    X