Dead electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead electrics

Can anyone help?? Had a surf now for just over a year (2.4TD SSR-G Auto) and had 000's of cool trouble free miles. Today, got to the car park turned the ignition key, radio started, ariel started to rise then nothing... Dead. No power. No lights, (dash, interior, brake or other).
    Called Green flag (who told me it was the battery, then the alternator, then the earth then... not really sure) who have relayed me home. Can anyone advise of any fuses not obvious from the converted English to Japanese owners manual? I'm lost without me surf!
    And whilst on can anyone tell me where I could find roof bars as have been scanning e-bay for a while but no joy!

Lastly, if anyone has trouble getting tyres, try www.blackcircles.co.uk.. reasonably priced and good to deal with....

Any help would be really appreciated...

Cheers... P

according to my manual, there is a circuit breaker behind the left hand kick panel and can be reset with a pin or toothpick sized impliment!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      according to my manual, there is a circuit breaker behind the left hand kick panel and can be reset with a pin or toothpick sized impliment!
      Wow.. thanks.. I'll give it a shot... Cheers muchly!

Comment

Hi.. Can you tell me what the left hand kick panel is and where to find it? Getting dark, can't see a thing then realised I had no idea what I was looking for.. thanks again..

Comment

Sitting in the passenger seat, it's the plastic panel down by your left foot.
          It's held on by a plastic nut which you can undo with your fingers.

Comment

Maybe this will help.
            You'll need a torch too.lol

Comment

Maybe this will help.
              You'll need a torch too.lol
              Thanks for the manual page.. helps alot. Will try again in the daylight. Did find the ECU behind the Left Hand Kick panel, buit no circuit breaker I could see. Will try on the right tomorrow.

Cheers; P

Comment

when i had an electrical prob with my truck, of my own making shouldn't play with things i don't understand! i spoke to the electrician who work for the importer i got the truck off and he told me to work my way through checking each and every fuse as the japanese english on the covers dosen't allways have that much bearing on what they do! don't forget the big fuses under the bonnet, if surfs have them.
                Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by openback
                  when i had an electrical prob with my truck, of my own making shouldn't play with things i don't understand! i spoke to the electrician who work for the importer i got the truck off and he told me to work my way through checking each and every fuse as the japanese english on the covers dosen't allways have that much bearing on what they do! don't forget the big fuses under the bonnet, if surfs have them.
                  Thanks for that..

P

Comment

Another thing to check besides fuses,batteries and battery terminals is the Fusible Links.These are on driver side battery between positive terminal and the fuse box under bonnet.

Neville

Comment

Working...
                    X