need more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need more power

just checked to confirm what engine i have, its and 2l-te efi, which i would like more power too, how can this be done??

Originally posted by caseyj
    just checked to confirm what engine i have, its and 2l-te efi, which i would like more power too, how can this be done??
    2LTE is 2.4ltr that will give you 98bhp. Not much more you can realistically do with it.

Buy a 3.0ltr. 130bhp and enough torque to pull up trees.

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by caseyj

Fit your ZX engine in the Surf!

sorry, just jealous

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Fit your ZX engine in the Surf!

sorry, just jealous
        already looked in to that but no one want to attemp it for me

Comment

Considere opinion is that there are a couple of things that will release a few extra horses and a bit more torque in the following order.

1. Fit an adjustable boost controller and boost guage - you can get them from Halfrauds for about 50 quid.
          2. Get a more free flowing exhaust - 3 inch down (dump) pipe to the front fo the main section from the turbo, 2.5 inch the rest of the way - allows the turbo to spin up quicker and releases a bit more torque.
          3. Fit an intercooler.

Make sure the rest of the engine and especially the cooling system is 100% first before putting additional stresses through the engine. Might get a usefull 15 - 25% out of the engine with all three mods.

Anything else would get expensive, reworking the fuel pump, remapping the ECU, stripping the engine and getting it balanced, ported etc. You can also end up reducing torque in the quest for more peak power which is something you don't want to do.

Cheers

Comment

try here first http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/performance.htm i did the washer turbo mod my self, my mrs noticed the diffrence on the motorway i used 1mm washers and getting to legal limit a bit easier or over it when she`s driving.
            first i disconnected the egr valve and then did the air box mod, disconnect the rubber elbow into the airbox turn it to face backwards, the std inlet is beside the headlight and is very restrictive.

Comment

Thought about this as next mod, to keep things cool if i get a 2 stage boost valve http://www.dawesdevices.com/howto.html .

Comment

Working...
              X