new rear spring or 2in lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rear spring or 2in lift

need some new rear springs on my 91 2.4, seen the upgraded one on roughtracks but also looked at the 2in lift kit, which would anyone recommend? plus can i still use the hard and soft settings if i use the lift kit? an brake lines etc need extending?

The uprated springs and the 2" lift kit will have roughly the same effect on your rear end (?). All 2" lifts actually give around 1.5" of lift in practice. The kit includes new torsion bars (springs) for the front and new shocks as well. The shocks will not be adjustable so you will lose the hard/soft switch. Brake lines should be ok.

As to a recommendation it depends how much money you want to spend. A 91 vehicle will probably need the original shocks replacing soon so the lift kit might be worth it.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
      The uprated springs and the 2" lift kit will have roughly the same effect on your rear end (?). All 2" lifts actually give around 1.5" of lift in practice. The kit includes new torsion bars (springs) for the front and new shocks as well. The shocks will not be adjustable so you will lose the hard/soft switch. Brake lines should be ok.

As to a recommendation it depends how much money you want to spend. A 91 vehicle will probably need the original shocks replacing soon so the lift kit might be worth it.
      got pretty new replacement shocks on already, so if i just went for the springs how could i lift the front??

Comment

The torsion bars are adjustable - do a search 'cos this has been covered plenty of times. If you've got a "standard" truck i.e. no winch or other additional weight, you're probably better to stick with the standard bars anyway. Uprated torsion bars can be too stiff.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
        X