No announcement yet.

Should the Aircon cause temp increase ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Aircon cause temp increase ?

Just a quick question, my truck has overheated slightly the last two days when going up an incline. Being slightly paranoid about cylinder heads etc. I opened up the hot air fans and the temp dropped.

I also noticed that if I turn the air conditioning unit off the temperature drops, is this normal ?

Originally posted by Verbal
    Just a quick question, my truck has overheated slightly the last two days when going up an incline. Being slightly paranoid about cylinder heads etc. I opened up the hot air fans and the temp dropped.

I also noticed that if I turn the air conditioning unit off the temperature drops, is this normal ?
    Not sure how noticable the drop should be, but yet, as the aircon puts a load on the engine to work the engine must therefore work harder with the potential for increased heat.

Turning on the hot air fans also caused the engine to work harder (imperceptably so) but the heat it removes from the engine in the form of the heated air supplied to you more than covers the small additional load.

In short any electrical item or engine driven item will contribute to the load and heat output of the engine.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      Not sure how noticable the drop should be, but yet, as the aircon puts a load on the engine to work the engine must therefore work harder with the potential for increased heat.

Turning on the hot air fans also caused the engine to work harder (imperceptably so) but the heat it removes from the engine in the form of the heated air supplied to you more than covers the small additional load.

In short any electrical item or engine driven item will contribute to the load and heat output of the engine.

Cheers mate, pretty much what I thought, although i was a bit surprised at the drop in the temperature with turning the air conditioning off. Don`t know why I bother actually, its Scotland I live in not Spain

Comment

Working...
      X