Glow fuse help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow fuse help

Hello could someone please send me a diagram or jpeg of the set up with regard to the rubber washer that isolates something in the wiring as it warms up the glow plugs.
    I have had a fuse keep blowing ever since I had new glow plugs fitted, I decided to clear a space around this area and take a look for myself, and yes there was a wire lead that was left unclipped,
    and another item that may be wrong. i.e. should the rubber washer spacer (its about 1/2 inch thick) separate something

if anyone has a jpeg or diagram I feel I will be able to sort this shoddy workmanship out my self with the help of this site members, I stand a better chance of sorting it out rather than go again to get the garage to correct it as they won't accept responsibility at all.

It seems that every time I try to get something done at a garage I end up with another problem.

Learning my lessons Shiny.

Originally posted by shiny
    Hello could someone please send me a diagram or jpeg of the set up with regard to the rubber washer that isolates something in the wiring as it warms up the glow plugs.
    I have had a fuse keep blowing ever since I had new glow plugs fitted, I decided to clear a space around this area and take a look for myself, and yes there was a wire lead that was left unclipped,
    and another item that may be wrong. i.e. should the rubber washer spacer (its about 1/2 inch thick) separate something

if anyone has a jpeg or diagram I feel I will be able to sort this shoddy workmanship out my self with the help of this site members, I stand a better chance of sorting it out rather than go again to get the garage to correct it as they won't accept responsibility at all.

It seems that every time I try to get something done at a garage I end up with another problem.

Learning my lessons Shiny.
    Hi, I haven't any diagrams but here is the sequence in words.....

10mm nut

steel washer

black plastic insulator

wiring harness

busbar

blue insulator

manifold

Hope this helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Hi, I haven't any diagrams but here is the sequence in words.....

10mm nut

steel washer

black plastic insulator

wiring harness

busbar

blue insulator

manifold

Hope this helps you.
      Cool thanks bushwaker that gives me a bit to go on, so am I right in thinkin that if the wiring harness and the manifold touch it will blow the fuse?
      and is that sequence from the top?

Thanks pal I may crack this yet. shiny oh by the way its a 2.4 td surf 1990

Comment

Yup, thats right, the power wire is a big tag that shouldn't touch the manifold or the bolt, with another wire fixed to it via a spade terminal.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X