Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and it judders to a halt

Can anyone help?

The Surf (2.4 K reg) was running fine, then all of a sudden starts to stall, the cuts out. Won't start up again.

It's got fresh oil in it, quater of a tank of diesal, wasn't overheating. Only thing was, the turbo blew up just after I bought it in December and had to be replaced, couldn't be the same could it.

I really hope this isn't going to be expensive

Originally posted by Sharky33
    Can anyone help?

The Surf (2.4 K reg) was running fine, then all of a sudden starts to stall, the cuts out. Won't start up again.

It's got fresh oil in it, quater of a tank of diesal, wasn't overheating. Only thing was, the turbo blew up just after I bought it in December and had to be replaced, couldn't be the same could it.

Have you changed the cambelt lately, could it of snapped i:e engine spinning but not firing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky33
      Can anyone help?

I had exactly this when I had a rubbish tank of diesel from JET! (avoid like the plague) and it would start eventually but it was painfull and smoked more than Bob Marley on his Birthday!
      It was run on a dummy tank to test then drained/refilled.... grr! Still not got any money off them yet, its with trading standards
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Pull the rubber bungs out of the timing cover, and make sure the cam and pump pulleys are going round as it turns over, then you can undo the nuts on the injectors a little as see if its getting any fuel up there.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, I had a sneaking sneaking suspision it would be something to do with the cam belt.

I'm going to let the local garage have a look at it tomorrow, until then I'm in ther spare car!

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X