Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head

Originally posted by trevor butler
    I bought a 91 surf 2.4td ssr limited yesturday after much searching, in good faith from Evesham and didnt even get home to Guildford, had to be recovered from Thorpe Park exit off M25. Do not rely on temp guage, if in any doubt just turn that key off, mine cooked and guage read norm, now I m looking at head skim ( if it can be done on these engines ) and new gasket ( a scorce for these would be appreciated ). It had a recent new rad after original split along top, what worries me is why it boiled unless engine was boiled whilst rad split and was weakened. What a nightmare. Bit worried about the use of the word 'again', is this a persistant problem with these engines??
    Hi once you have put a new head on and l mean a "NEW" head you will not have to worry about it going again. lt has been modified and is much better than the old one, just make sure all the sender units are working properly.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

could be a split engine block! there a surf up my mates garage just had new head and rad fitted still having problems turned out the block had an internal crack. he reckons it quite common to find find cracked blocks after people have already replaced the head.

sorry if this is depressing but its something worth checking for.

bazz

Comment

Working...
      X