power loss - 1st gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power loss - 1st gear

Recently had a fuel pump leak which was sorted with a Milner leak seal kit.

The motor ran fine before the leak was sorted but now is flat in 1st gear. Pulling away there's basically no immediate increase in revs, just a gradual climb to 2k when it then seems to recover.

When it was in the garage for the repair I know there was a problem starting it when it was all put back together. This appeared to be down to the duel pump position / timing. It was changed and it started.

Is it likely that the pump is in the wrong position?

Cheers,

Rob.

Is It Hard To Start? Are You Getting Any White Smoke(unburnt Diesel) Out The Rear When Running ?what Does It Idle Like When Running?SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING NOT PUT BACK RIGHT EITHER TIMING OUT ON PUMP OR ITS MAYBE SUCKING IN AIR FROM ONE OF THE SEALS especially if it only had a leak when you gave it to the garage??
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Starts fine, no obvious unburnt diesel out of the back-end.

There is a small split in the moulding from the air filter cover to the intake but that was there before the seals were done and there was no issue with power then.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers,

rob.

Comment

Sounds like a fuel issue, they can be pigs to start/bleed after work has been done. So if they altered anything to get it to start I would say the problem lays there.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

If the pump was removed then it's possible the timing is wrong.This happens quite often if they do not check after putting the timing belt on.

Neville

Comment

Working...
          X