ECU code 8 & 12 - WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU code 8 & 12 - WHY?

Ok, I have never had any error codes in the last 4 months of owning my 2.5TD Surf. Today went shopping in it and sat outside with engine ticking over for approx 30-45 mins... ITS VERY HOT OUTSIDE TODAY WHICH I CAN ONLY THINK SET IT OFF.

Just read the codes and got 8 and 12.

What does this mean? Do you think it was due to being stood in the heat ticking over? I drive it home and didnt see another error code for the 10mile journey, including motorway.

One thing i did notice was when the ECU light came on the engine sounded overly diesel, if you get my drift. But with the ECU light off, everything sounds as it diesely as it did before.

8 - Intake air temperature sensor
    12 - Timer control valve (Pump)

dont know - but thats a real waste of fuel sitting there for 30-45 mins with engine running!!
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

with it idling for that long, the underbonnet temp would be quite high, this could have set the intake temp check light off, and the code 12 often is associated with the code 8 light. So you may be OK. Otherwise check the connections to the air temp sensor and the fuel pump, then replace the air temp sensor first, its easier and cheaper before messing with the pump.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

*bump*

I am getting the error code on a daily basis now. ECU light and absolutely plooms of black smoke when its doing it... so much so, someone in the office asked what all the smoke was about, so I need to take a look at this asap.

Can someone please tell me where the air intake sensor is please so I can get another ordered and fitted.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X