slow drip moisture pipe thingie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow drip moisture pipe thingie

There is a black soft rubber pipe on passenger side of engine (viewed with bonnet raised) at about passenger foot level, below fuel pump, same level as startermotor that sometimes drips water, is this the condensation outlet for the Aircon? as this seemed to only happen when AC is used a lot, mainly in hot weather.
    when I pull up and switch off engine it drips on to floor only a little..

Just wondered

Yes.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks tony N

I thought so, its good to be right some....times

thanks tony i can sleep nights better now

Shiny

Comment

Originally posted by shiny
        I thought so, its good to be right some....times

thanks tony i can sleep nights better now

Shiny
        If you really want something to worry about, a split heater matrix will drain out of the same place, as the heater box fills with coolant, but you won't mistake the sicky sweet coolant smell inside the car, it'll do it all the time and the carpets will be wet as well.

(sorry, could'nt resist! )

Comment

Originally posted by shiny
          below fuel pump
          Thats the Fuel Filter.

Neville

Comment

Oh F**k! So that's what it is!

Originally posted by TonyN
            If you really want something to worry about, a split heater matrix will drain out of the same place, as the heater box fills with coolant, but you won't mistake the sicky sweet coolant smell inside the car, it'll do it all the time and the carpets will be wet as well.

(sorry, could'nt resist! )
            Hi Tony,
            Found this thread when trawling the forum to see if I can figure out leak problem.
            I have a small drip coming from the cover over the heater matrix and a slightly more frequent drip coming from the air outlet to thepassenger side footwell. If this is a split matrix, is ther any other way of checking before I haul the whole assembly out? Any idea where I can get a new matrix if it is buggered?
            Thanks
            Fraser
            moshihus

Comment

Originally posted by moshihus
              Hi Tony,
              Found this thread when trawling the forum to see if I can figure out leak problem.
              I have a small drip coming from the cover over the heater matrix and a slightly more frequent drip coming from the air outlet to thepassenger side footwell. If this is a split matrix, is ther any other way of checking before I haul the whole assembly out? Any idea where I can get a new matrix if it is buggered?
              Thanks
              Fraser
              moshihus
              Sorry , not Tony but maybe I can help . Several signs of split heater matrix are : loss of coolant , steam from heater when on demist screen , windscreen steams up , sweet smell - sometimes like curry inside vehicle , wet carpets , drips inside the vehicle from under the dash .
              There you go , anymore you can think of Tony ?
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                There you go , anymore you can think of Tony ?
                Nah, thats about it, apart from a lightening of the wallet as well!

Try and find a used matrix, I've sold out of used ones and still need one for my own truck, so if you find some let me know!

I've changed lots this year, it looks daunting but not bad once you get started, you just end up with a big pile of bits, ands its triucky to get the matrix housing out without disturbing the aircon unit as the heater is fitted first, then the aircon unit, then the fan. So its a bit of a juggle to get the matrix housing out without disconnecting and degassing the aircon bit.

Comment

Working...
                X