X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange

Hi All Please could someone help
    On a day trip to France drove from Oxford to Ashford no problem
    stopped to have a pee shut off the motor had said pee then drove onto the train as I drove on I noticed the temp rise from the normal position the fan came on and still the temp whent up I shut the motor off, when we got to Calais drove to the city of europe no problem, fine all day,got back to jolly old blighty got caught in some traffic came to a stop the temp then whent up
    it seems that as long as I dont stop the temp is fine if I stop up goes the temp this only happens when I have been travling a long way or charging round the place
    Under normal tootling around it seems to be ok is this the beging of the end of the head?
    The truck is a J reg 2.4 auto

check your rad mate, if it is blocked it could cause this. best thing to do is take the grille out (and bumper off preferably) and spray with a hose not a pressure washer until water runs clear.
    thats the cheapest fix first, if not you could change rad cap/thermostat etc etc
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Check thermo viscous fan is working aswell as the electric one . The electric fan should come on if the viscous one is not cooling enough . (thats how I understand it)
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

electric fan also cuts in for the Air con so could be a red herring.

However I would check the viscous fan, and flush the system for good measure.

Cheers

Comment

try a new rad cap
          ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Working...
          X