Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

My surf has remained unused for the past 8 months after it failed the MOT in November. The battery has had a problem and so it hasn't been started for nearly the whole 8 months. Yesterday a mobile mechanic came to replace the filters and the glow plugs. He couldn't jump start the surf because the battery was so flat. I had it on charge overnight and just tried to start the engine. It started fine, the fumes were copious and soot came out of the exhaust and settled on the floor. I tried reving it and it smoked some more and then stalled. The battery is now flat again and won't start the engine.
    Firstly is the smoke/soot normal?
    I am going to replace the battery so hopefully that will make a difference, but i just hope the engine hasn't been damaged by sitting round. I thought these beast were unstoppable and i've since spent loads on fixing it.

If your fuel filter has been changed, then you've probably got an air lock.
    try depressing the plunger on top of the fuel filter housing a few times untill you can feel a resistance.
    If the fuel filter has'nt been changed then it could have water in it and needs to be drained.
    The soot could be unburnt fuel from when you tried to start it.

Comment

Working...
    X