turbo timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo timer

on another note my hi lux has a turbo timer fitted which I don't use because I don't know what it is anyone know....seems to keep engine running for period after turning car off !!!why????should I be using it????h reg jap import auto 2.4

Originally posted by bowwow
    on another note my hi lux has a turbo timer fitted which I don't use because I don't know what it is anyone know....seems to keep engine running for period after turning car off !!!why????should I be using it????h reg jap import auto 2.4
    this is to allow the main bearing in the turbo to slow down while still being lubricated by engine oil. in some faster type vehicles these bearings can be turning towards the 100,000 rpm so this is why they can take a while to slow down. the last thing you would want is the bearing going dry while still moving!!!however during normal operation there is no need for this to happen it would only be a concern if the engine is running at high rpm/mph
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

you dont really need it, if driving at high rpm on turbo on the motorway for instance then by time you have got off the motorway a short time you will be ok - or just let the car idle a bit before turning off.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        you dont really need it, if driving at high rpm on turbo on the motorway for instance then by time you have got off the motorway a short time you will be ok - or just let the car idle a bit before turning off.

Or, if like me, you have to drive about 900 feet up a hill to get to your drive.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Or, if like me, you have to drive about 900 feet up a hill to get to your drive.
          doh! - you could do with a Turbo timer mate
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I got one! My turbo timer works if I pull the handbrake on before I switch off ignition.
            If I switch off in 'park' without handbrake, engine shuts down immediately.

Which is nice.

Comment

Turbo Timer

Originally posted by bowwow
              The turbo timer allows the turbo to cool down after constant use. All that hot oil in it after long journies needs to cool down, so setting the Turbo timer allows the engine to idle and cool the turbo down.

Comment

Originally posted by flounder
                The turbo timer allows the turbo to cool down after constant use. All that hot oil in it after long journies needs to cool down, so setting the Turbo timer allows the engine to idle and cool the turbo down.
                hmmm wonder how i do that no instructions it's called a betime tried to look on net but was all japanese...

Comment

Working...
                X