too exhausted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too exhausted

Just took my 2.4 93 smurf in for its MOT, as per the reply, went to milners and rough-price for the bits.
    Went under to replace a aunty's roll bar bracket, and there be a split 6" long in the exhaust!
    Would have thought this would have been an MOT point, but hay, I am no mechanic!
    So, after a search upon this ere site, I have found not a lot about the best (cheep!) place to get a replacement.
    What are the odd's of Kwikfit selling them?
    The same odd's as Kwiksave?
    Anyway, milners works out at around £145 for the rear section,
    any other bids out there?

Sometimes wish I had stuck to my FRONTERA!!!!

Going over to the corner now for a cooling off period,
    Sorry
    Back in the world of Surfdom

According to the June issue of 4x4 magazine, Milners have got a 'spring offers' on and they're advertising complete exhaust systems for 2.4 Surfs for £190.00

It does'nt say if that includes the rear section tho'

Comment

if its just a split,can it be welded up?
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

i temporarily used exhaust paste on mine... lasted a week or so, I have another exhaust its just the bolts are stuck!!!
        Any ideas before I take it to my mechanic?
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Soak the bolts in PlusGas... I prefer it to WD40...

Comment

I`ve lost my exhaust from the back box onwards, from there I have the top half of an exhaust the rest of the way

What damage (if any) is likely to happen running with this bit missing ?

I`m going to get it fixed, but don`t have the readies for a while. It does`nt make much noise unless I`m going 60+ when you hear a blowing from the rear, fortunately Jimi Hendrix has invented a sound which successfully eliminates this.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
              I`ve lost my exhaust from the back box onwards, from there I have the top half of an exhaust the rest of the way

What damage (if any) is likely to happen running with this bit missing ?

I`m going to get it fixed, but don`t have the readies for a while. It does`nt make much noise unless I`m going 60+ when you hear a blowing from the rear, fortunately Jimi Hendrix has invented a sound which successfully eliminates this.
              Should'nt cause any damage to the engine, may not run as well or may run a bit better - engines are strange things that decide what they like on their own. Watch out of exhaust gas being sucked into the vehicle though.

EZY RIDER at full volume will normally drown out anything

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                EZY RIDER at full volume will normally drown out anything
                That all depends on the stereo that is fitted, if it is naff one (like mine) with pants speakers (like mine) but will play cd's (like mine) dont, and I mean dont turn up to full vol (like I did) or you will pop a speaker or two ( like I did)

Sound advice!!

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                  if its just a split,can it be welded up?
                  I cant even get to the metal bit on either side of the split, it just makes the hole bigger!
                  Not that bothered about a repair, as it is my work tub, I need something that runs good.
                  But I cant spend too much on it, just cost me £395 to get it through the MOT!!!
                  Oh, and £1200 for the head to be done last month!

Comment

Working...
                  X