No announcement yet.

Joined the cracked head club i fear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined the cracked head club i fear...

I'm writing this just to confirm what i already fear after trawling the previous posts. Just hope somebody can confirm for me.

93 model 2.4TD, been a bit bubbly for a while but been fine for two years. Yesterday, temperature went through roof and hissing everywhere. Checked all my fluids and changed thermostat but still same.

Has the curse of the head struck me? How do i confirm it and will a standard garage know and be able to advise me. Also if somebody knows a reliable place in Cardiff let me know.

Hope somebody can help.

try changing rad cap

its cheap and it sorted mine
    similar to you 2yrs no prob them the old bubbling but new cap sorted it from milners.
    ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Sorry to hear that old m8y.
      Been there done that as they say,the only sure way is to get it
      preasure tested,that will determine it one way or the other.
      had mine for about two and a half years before it went.
      Had it done and it's like a new truck,power and mpg etc.
      must have been iffy for sometime before it went big time.

hope that a help

Cheers Chris
      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by robtoog
        I'm writing this just to confirm what i already fear after trawling the previous posts. Just hope somebody can confirm for me.

93 model 2.4TD, been a bit bubbly for a while but been fine for two years. Yesterday, temperature went through roof and hissing everywhere. Checked all my fluids and changed thermostat but still same.

Has the curse of the head struck me? How do i confirm it and will a standard garage know and be able to advise me. Also if somebody knows a reliable place in Cardiff let me know.

Hope somebody can help.
        Try here, 4X4 Unlimited 01291 421262. they know about surfs.
        Oh, and they're in Caldicot.

Comment

Originally posted by robtoog

Hope somebody can help.
          Speak to TONYN or follow the link below for STEVO
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Working...
          X