Egr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egr

A couple of days ago I disconnected the EGR and blocked off the tube, this seems to have solved the problems I was having with fuel consuption, but now the cold startup seems lumpy, I have checked the 80amp fuse for the glow plugs and this is OK. It was fine before removing the pipe, and runs fine after a few seconds. Hope I have blocked off the right pipe, do I need to block the metal tube that the hose connects to on the EGR unit, the EGR is the disk type thing on the bulkhead next to the fuel filter right. Perhaps I should reconnect and then see what happens???

Originally posted by sim
    A couple of days ago I disconnected the EGR and blocked off the tube, this seems to have solved the problems I was having with fuel consuption, but now the cold startup seems lumpy, I have checked the 80amp fuse for the glow plugs and this is OK. It was fine before removing the pipe, and runs fine after a few seconds. Hope I have blocked off the right pipe, do I need to block the metal tube that the hose connects to on the EGR unit, the EGR is the disk type thing on the bulkhead next to the fuel filter right. Perhaps I should reconnect and then see what happens???
    might be wrong here... but i think that's cos you no longer get the warm air off the exhast on start up
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      might be wrong here... but i think that's cos you no longer get the warm air off the exhast on start up
      do a search for EGR on here, there are some pics of which tube to block off and no you don't need to block off the metal pipe.
      As for warm air from exhaust you were right Mat in the first few words , if its been stood overnight then there will be no warm air off the exhaust.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

It's nothing to worry about then, thanks for that.

Definitely getting better MPG though, so happy about that, and no smoke when warm.

Comment

Working...
        X