Turbo boost pressure sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Boost Pressure Sensor

Good info coming out here folx as have had turbo probs since Junly(can't remember if it was June or July) last year. Had bad accident - me not Suzie Surf - so am now trying to sort it out again. Noticed the hose from what I now believe to be the sensor hanging down unconnected to anything. Only thing I can see is a small protruberence sticking out in area highlited by red dashes on diagram- from what I don't know but think there's a hissing noise coming from it. The angle and length of pipe looks about right and so stuck it onthis nozzle thing. Still no turbo light/power/turbo kicking in so will carry on looking at all other items on this subject. Thanx all.

Comment

Turbo Boost Pressure Sensor

Mine is an 'H' plate 2.4 SSR and the sensor is actually located on the throttle unit above the white filter mentioned and behind what looks like some sort of diaphragm. Reason I'm into this is because I have no turbo. Had all pipes off and checked for splits - all ok. Checked impellor spinning - all ok. Checked for suction on impellor with hose disconnected - all ok. Sooooooo - where to next? What function does the filter have? If it's buggered would it make any difference? I by-passed it - made no difference. By the way the green turbo lite checks out ok on igition bulb check. Could the sensor be Kerry Packered? There's this diaphragm-type thing on throttle unit with tubes coming off it and seems connected to turbo system. What is it? As the song sez 'There are more questions than answers'. As I have no Manuel I am at a loss as to what to try. All I know is it's doin me 'ed in! Anyone out there had similar probs? (turbo not head). Thanx folx.

Comment

Working...
      X