White smoke on start up!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White smoke on start up!!!!

Every morning when I start my surf I need to make sure I press the idle button on so it will start Quicker but whether I press the idle or not there is always a cough and a splutter and a tad white smoke comes out the exhaust. What could it be?

As long as the smoke clears after a min, nothing much to worry about.
    On my truck tho, the idle up switch only works when the engine has started.

Comment

Originally posted by PIP H
      Every morning when I start my surf I need to make sure I press the idle button on so it will start Quicker but whether I press the idle or not there is always a cough and a splutter and a tad white smoke comes out the exhaust. What could it be?

White smoke on start is just unburned fuel. Nothing to worry about really. It often happens on IDI engines as the fuel injection pressure isn't high enough to get the fuel atomised sufficiently to burn in the low in-cylinder temperatures you get when first starting the engine.

Hope this helps

JohnE

Comment

Originally posted by PIP H

Bit late perhaps but ...

"Abemus papem"

Kev

Comment

Working...
        X