help..help.help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help..help.help.

my surf cuts off while driving....with immediate restart..not frequently..but usually after some driving .what could this be? thks

Originally posted by cfleur
    my surf cuts off while driving....with immediate restart..not frequently..but usually after some driving .what could this be? thks
    You really need to supply more information in order to help others help you.

What year Surf ?
    Which engine ?
    Does it restart itself while moving or must you restart it with the key ?

The more details you can supply about the vehicle and the events the easier it is for others to try offer help.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

mine used to do this on the odd occasion - then I found out it was my knee hitting the key !!

change of position cured it.
      Dave

Comment

re help..help..help

The Hilux surf is a 91-LN130G, I believe manufactured Aug 91..it cuts off while I am driving...usually after 15-20 minutes..I restart with the key immediately...at times it may cut off again...at times...it cuts off after restarting when I shift the lever to 'd'. The electrician checked and said that the electrics are good...it could be mechanical..but what..the mechanic seems to think it's a solenoid..re the injector pump?. I seem to be getting lots of confused diagnoses...hence my appeal to this forum...I checked the van on a computer..and the only code was '22'.. the coolant sensor circuit...thanks for any help...

Comment

If it's a 2LT then you may have dodgy wiring on the Fuel Cut Solenoid.If the power is cut to the Solenoid while driving then the engine will stop.Check this for a loose plug or broken wiring.Check with engine running by wiggling the plugs and wiring in this area and see if the engine cuts out.

Neville

Comment

Working...
          X