fluid leak help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fluid leak help please

Hi,this is my first thread and i need a bit of help.Just noticed a leak under the engine (passenger side)that drips down from the bash plate quite badly when the engine is hot but virtually stops as the engine cools down.It's red/brown, feels like a very fine oil and smells faintly of fish.It's late, it's dark and i'm worried.Will have to look at it in the morning.Any replies welcome,thanks.

Originally posted by monty146
    Hi,this is my first thread and i need a bit of help.Just noticed a leak under the engine (passenger side)that drips down from the bash plate quite badly when the engine is hot but virtually stops as the engine cools down.It's red/brown, feels like a very fine oil and smells faintly of fish.It's late, it's dark and i'm worried.Will have to look at it in the morning.Any replies welcome,thanks.
    Could be power steering fluid or even coolant. Check both reservoir levels

Comment

Originally posted by justamin
      Could be power steering fluid or even coolant. Check both reservoir levels
      Checked it first thing this morning,a bit daylight always helps! It was coolant, coming from the top hose into the radiator.It's not damaged but noticed that the clip that holds it in place wasn't in the original position,so put it back where it should be and all looks well.A local garage has just changed the timing belt for me is it possible they moved it perhaps to get access to the belt? PANIC OVER !!

Comment

Working...
      X