Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flange gasket and turbo oil

Hi

I had a inlet manifold gasket fitted by my local garage but in doing so there is now a flange leaking (a sort of 3 bolt flange with a small gasket top and bottom) that they needed to take this off to get to the inlet manifold gasket
    the garage has had now 4 goes at it to seal it, they tried short cuts first by just puting the old gaskets on, then they tried making them, now they havr finaly got 2 gaskets from toyota, and today hopefuly it will not leak oil,
    the mechanic said that for a start oil should not be coming into this area,
    is this in fact true?, and would this flange leak cause the turbo problems?

I have shares in Gunk i brought 4 cans to clean it for 4 failures
    as i like my engine shiny

thanks

Shiny

What engine, truck, year do you have? Give us some clues! Not sure what bit you mean.

Details man, fill out you profile!!!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      What engine, truck, year do you have? Give us some clues! Not sure what bit you mean.

Details man, fill out you profile!!!
      sounds like you mean the throttle body, which bolts to the top of the inlet manifold and contains the main throttle butterfly. I too am waiting for a gasket to reseal the top of mine, and although it contained a coating of oil, I think it was just 15 years worth of buildup rather than a big leak.

Perhaps your turbo is knackered and blowing out oil? New seals or a recon?

Comment

gaskets

Hi its a 2.4 ssr LTD turbo and is a 1990 year

how easy is it to recon a turbo? put new seals in etc?

and where can I buy the parts to recon the turbo

Thanks guys

Comment

the flange man

its called an elbow flange joint it has the flow switch attached to it. i overheard this in the garage when they were phoning up to find out where the gaskets were

hey and guess what they were left out of the delivery and were sitting on the parts department desk..

Oh well same thing again tomorrow

Keep your sunny side up

Shiny

Comment

Working...
          X