Fuel Gauge Sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge Sender

My fuel gauge is only registering for about one third of the fuel in the tank ie. when it shows empty there is still about two thirds of a tank left. Someone told me that I need to replace a component in the sender unit that sits in the fuel tank. Can anyone enlighten me as to what needs replacing and how easy is it to remove the tank to access the sender?

Originally posted by linkmpc
    My fuel gauge is only registering for about one third of the fuel in the tank ie. when it shows empty there is still about two thirds of a tank left. Someone told me that I need to replace a component in the sender unit that sits in the fuel tank. Can anyone enlighten me as to what needs replacing and how easy is it to remove the tank to access the sender?
    You will need to post details of exactly which Surf/4Runner you have ie.Engine size/type - year - model etc. Post them on your profile then they are always there.
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Sorry about that. It is not a Surf but this site seems to be the best for information on my 1987 Hilux LN65 double cab truck. The motor is a 2L non turbo.
      Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by linkmpc
        Sorry about that. It is not a Surf but this site seems to be the best for information on my 1987 Hilux LN65 double cab truck. The motor is a 2L non turbo.
        Thanks in advance
        The attachment is a scan of the Toyota EPC for the fuel system on your truck - you may be able to work out how best to get at the sender unit from it.
        I would check all the electrical connections first, including the gauge, as it may well be something as simple as a dirty connection or earth causing a bit of resistance. May be your local friendly Toyota garage would give you the correct test values so you could check with a multi-meter whether the sender is actually duff or not.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Silversurfer
          The attachment is a scan of the Toyota EPC for the fuel system on your truck - you may be able to work out how best to get at the sender unit from it.
          I would check all the electrical connections first, including the gauge, as it may well be something as simple as a dirty connection or earth causing a bit of resistance. May be your local friendly Toyota garage would give you the correct test values so you could check with a multi-meter whether the sender is actually duff or not.
          Hi Silversurfer! Don't suppose you've got a diagram like that foe a 92 2.4 TD Surf?? Would come in very handy at the mo!!

Dave
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
            Hi Silversurfer! Don't suppose you've got a diagram like that foe a 92 2.4 TD Surf?? Would come in very handy at the mo!!

Dave
            Hi Dave

I'm not an expert at the Toyota EPC System but the attachments are, I think, the fuel system for your truck.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Silversurfer
              Hi Dave

I'm not an expert at the Toyota EPC System but the attachments are, I think, the fuel system for your truck.
              Thanks for that, Allan..
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
              X