speaker fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker fitting

C an anyone advise me on where extra speakers can be fitted in my H plate 1990 2.4 surf, does the entire dash have to come out to change the front speakers because one of them is duff. Any idea's as to what I can upgrade them to that will be a straight forward fit?

Hi,

My 1992 Surf has a box/panel in the rear roof area above the tailgate with speakers in it. Not sure if a 1990 will have that too, but if you not, you could get one from a breakers and you might be able to fit it.

Taking the dash apart is not a difficult job, see this link dash removal

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

If you can get it to Leeds Car Audio they replaced my standard fronts with some really nice JL Audio ones which fit straight in for £75 all in including fitting (they took the dash to bits).
      They sound great.
      French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

BTW i've had my dash to bits and it was easy peasy mate.
        French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Originally posted by conservatorycare
          C an anyone advise me on where extra speakers can be fitted in my H plate 1990 2.4 surf, does the entire dash have to come out to change the front speakers because one of them is duff. Any idea's as to what I can upgrade them to that will be a straight forward fit?
          just fitted new front ones myself, very easy, just remove panel under sterring wheel and there is one there to the left of panel, other side remove panel from beside glove box

Comment

Originally posted by caseyj
            just fitted new front ones myself, very easy, just remove panel under sterring wheel and there is one there to the left of panel, other side remove panel from beside glove box

As others have said, removing the panels at the front is easy. I replaced the two front ones with 10cm Kenwood speakers that fit straight into the box the old ones came out.

The only problem I had, was one of the speakers and the box it fits into at the from was gone, so i just used a glue gun to attach the speaker straight to the panel and attached the wires, now sounds fine.

Comment

Working...
            X