poor mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor mpg

I have a 2.4 td surf manual cannot get 200 mile on a full tank of deisel ie £50.
    can anyone give some some idea's beside pushing it alot with the engine off!!!!

Originally posted by conservatorycare
    I have a 2.4 td surf manual cannot get 200 mile on a full tank of deisel ie £50.

take off those lead boots !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mine is auto, i used to get around 300k to a tank on short trips. Then i took 4 huge spots off the nudge bar, now I get around 380. ymmv.
      chris
      [B][I]Cool domains [URL=http://zennames.com][COLOR

Comment

try spending 2 years discovering all the nooks and crannys around the engine bay and still at the end of it your consumption is $hite, bet theres lots on here who have found the same

either way you should try the redex or wynns fuel additives into a quarter tank. If you read the wynns tin it says put one litre into 5,000 to keep fleet trucks carbon free and here we are endorsing the same litre into 10 litres in a surf tank, its worked for some though not me.

in the end if youve tried everything including redex wynns parafin kerosene petrol and the divil knows what and you still fail the emissions test being 50% over the limit then the fuel pump adjustment is the only man, and it works beautiful, TonyN can do it for you for a reasonable allowance, he is de man!"!

Comment

cheers

Originally posted by JimL
          try spending 2 years discovering all the nooks and crannys around the engine bay and still at the end of it your consumption is $hite, bet theres lots on here who have found the same

either way you should try the redex or wynns fuel additives into a quarter tank. If you read the wynns tin it says put one litre into 5,000 to keep fleet trucks carbon free and here we are endorsing the same litre into 10 litres in a surf tank, its worked for some though not me.

in the end if youve tried everything including redex wynns parafin kerosene petrol and the divil knows what and you still fail the emissions test being 50% over the limit then the fuel pump adjustment is the only man, and it works beautiful, TonyN can do it for you for a reasonable allowance, he is de man!"!
          thank you i will have ago

Comment

poor MPG

I got great economy from having the tyres at 38 psi, make sure the air cleaner and fuel filter arent blocked. I get about 520 kms from a tank 57 litres and drive gently, no constant pedal mashing.

Comment

Working...
            X