noise at my rear!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise at my rear!!!

i have a noise coming from my rear end!! the noise appears to be coming from o/s rear when cornering. it sounds like a grinding followed by a clunk. when the clunk apears the o/s rear wheel seems to kick out!!.. ive had the half shaft out on that side and changed the bearing as there was a lot of movmemt in the old one. but having done that there is still no change all the said noises are still there...

anybody got any ideas????
    CHEERS JOHN................

Sounds like your diff isn't doing what it should.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Sounds like your diff isn't doing what it should.
      thanks tony..

suppose these are like gold dust?? just what i needed when new baby just arrived....

if this is the case then is it going to cause me any probs still using the truck????

Comment

Originally posted by slim
        i have a noise coming from my rear end!! the noise appears to be coming from o/s rear when cornering. it sounds like a grinding followed by a clunk. when the clunk apears the o/s rear wheel seems to kick out!!.. ive had the half shaft out on that side and changed the bearing as there was a lot of movmemt in the old one. but having done that there is still no change all the said noises are still there...

anybody got any ideas????
        When you say the rear wheel kicks out do you mean it actually moves? If this is the case then either your new bearing is faulty or the retaining plate hasn't been fitted properly. I think you need to remove the drum and give the half shaft a tug to see where the movement (if any) is coming from.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
          When you say the rear wheel kicks out do you mean it actually moves? If this is the case then either your new bearing is faulty or the retaining plate hasn't been fitted properly. I think you need to remove the drum and give the half shaft a tug to see where the movement (if any) is coming from.
          maybe kick out is a little misleading, the wheel makes a judder like movement. this can be seen by the eye when full lefthand lock is on and i drive forward and backwards!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X