Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Any 1 Diagnose This Problem ??

Hi

Ive had my surf now for a couple of months and im lovin it , but recently ive been havin a couple of problems . Can any 1 tell me if they have had any similar experiences .

1 . when im taking away slowly or just movin a couple of mphs , ie parking i am gettin what sounds like rattle comin from just about where I sit in the drivers side maybe just in front .

2. a couple of times when ive been full lock to the right ie reversing around corners etc , my front right suspension seems to dip and the wheel has clipped the edge of the bumper .

Any info on these probs would be great , my car still is under warrenty from the dealer , but it would be good to know roughly what is wrong b4 I take it up .

Thankz

Both could be knackered CV's, especially No2. or you have it 4wd on a hard surface.

1st one could be worn brake pads, worn hub bushes, something loose behind the hub cap, exhaust, etc
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

whats CVs ??

Comment

'Constant velocity joint' they are the joints either end of the front drive shafts. behind rubber gaiters, check to see if any are split, especially the outer ones.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thankz for the reply , whats the best way to get in and have a look at the joints ? does it need to be up on a ramp ? or can i do it my self ?

Comment

unless your waist is 46" you dont need the ramp, just slide in under the front bumper and have a goo...

the 18" long axles to both front wheels go from the central diff to the wheel hubs. Both ends of these 2 axles have big rubber accordion type gaiters sealing in the CV grease inside. If you can see damage to these 'boots' in the form of tears or if you see that grease has been escaping, then you need someone to 'do your CVs' for you.

Comment

Ill try that thankz , is it still ok to drive the car with this problem ??

Comment

Also make sure all your loose change is out of your pockets!
                Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
                X