yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2L-TE head rebuild- valve recession specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2L-TE head rebuild- valve recession specs?

I purchased a new factory Toyota 2L-TE head. Brought it to my local machine shop to have the cam and valves swapped from the old head to the new. I printed out the specs from the factory manual so they'd have all the necessary info. However, the machinist asked for the valve recession tolerance (how deep the valves should be seated into the head).

I can't seem to find this spec anywhere- does anyone have this info? I know a lot of people have had this work done- how do other shops determine the depth of recess for the valves into the head? Is there a common practice for Toyota diesels?
    '92 V6 to 2L-TE swap in progress
    '87 22r gasser

This is for a 3L engine. Will that do?

http://www.kilometr.com/3l.pdf

Comment

2L-T specs.

http://www.kilometr.com/2l-t.pdf

Comment

Nev- that is great info! Thank you. I think I'll give the shop the 3L specs, since 3L heads have been used successfully on 2L-TEs for many years (and seem to be identical castings, depending whom one asks). The 3L valve recession specs, noted as Valve Head Recess in the attached doc, are 0.94 - 1.5mm (.037 - .059 inches) for both inlet and exhaust. Interestingly, the valve head recesses in the old head averaged around .86mm (.034 in), with around 193k km on the clock. So most of the existing valves were just under the low end of the spec. I suppose I can tell the shop to aim for the low end; we know valves tend to settle deeper over time.
        '92 V6 to 2L-TE swap in progress
        '87 22r gasser

Comment

Interesting reading all the specs regarding the valves on the 3L and the 2L-T. Never knew there was so much difference until now.

Comment

Working...
          X