Rear window dilemma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window dilemma...

This is my first post, I know it’s not the done thing to just join and ask questions, but I’m properly stuck on this one, even after reading everything I can find here, so I’m hoping I can be forgiven..

Anyway, the rear window on my surf has stopped working, well more to the point it hasn’t, it just won’t

get inside the boot, remove the panel from the tailgate and underneath is a metal inspection panel remove that and you can get to the motor etc.
    What ever you do, do not drop the tailgate with the window not fully wound down unless its fully supported!!!
    If it is the motor, most from a corolla, celica or
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Thanks, having looked today the issue is the teeth are work on the mechanism, the motor is fine.

Im assuming I can remove the motor and push the window down manually which would allow me to remove and replace the mechanism.

Comment

Mechanism replaced, pretty easy job, strange thing is now the front switch only puts the window down not back up. Have I missed something or have I just been unlucky and have the switch go at the same time?

Comment

Can you not put rear window up with the key in rear door ?

18+ Years of Surfs n 10 years on Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a T is my KZN 130 Yota !!
          Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 17 March 2018, 10:19. Reason: Inappropriate text
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Yeah the key works fine, so did the switch before I replaced the mechanism. I think it’s unlikely that the switch has failed so I’m wondering if there’s a wire/conection in the tailgate I’ve missed when putting it all back together. It’s been patched up before so I have my suspicion, just wanted to check

Comment

Working...
            X