Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock knock.....?

who's there....?

Its an unidentified knocking coming from somewhere under the passengers feet? Anyone got any ideas before we take it and a barrow load of cash to dear Dennis to see what is wrong ? Any uneven surface seems to do it, sometimes when you pull away on a hill hmmm ?

Hey guess what - my husband changed the light bulbs.....we not so newbie now you know!!!! took the battery out and EVERYTHING! WOOO HOO
    Naomi
    AKA - Mamadwyvin
    www.greenhands.co.uk

Knackered wheel bearing perhaps?
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

disgruntled toyota employee selotaped a ruler under the floor?

is it when turning?
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Engine mounts knackered?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          disgruntled toyota employee selotaped a ruler under the floor?

is it when turning?
          Husband hasn'tnoticed when turning, I thought it was but don't get to drive my dream machine as often has he does.....whatever fromwhat bushwhacker is saying it sounds ££££££ive.... Thanks for responding!
          Naomi
          AKA - Mamadwyvin
          www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
            Husband hasn'tnoticed when turning, I thought it was but don't get to drive my dream machine as often has he does.....whatever fromwhat bushwhacker is saying it sounds ££££££ive.... Thanks for responding!

If you can get over to Watford saturday morning could have a look for you if you like?
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
              Engine mounts,(if they are knackered), from milneroffroad.com, £32.75 plus v.a.t.

Comment

ooo thats not so bad I suppose, assuming getting them on is straight forward if thats what is wrong....

Thanks for the offer Jotto!
                We have to take kids to Gumpa and Nana for chocolate overdose this weekend, something to do with rabbits and eggs....

Can you PM me and I'll give you a call and see if I can get to you another time?

Thanks, Naomi
                Naomi
                AKA - Mamadwyvin
                www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

i had this very prob a few weeks ago, as you pulled away or as you came to a hault a knocking noise from under the floor near the passenger.
                  i checked it out couldn`t find any thing, the thing that cured our noise was lubing the cv joints on the drive shafts, completly cured it.
                  you just need a grease gun and sticky black grease(technical name)
                  hope yours is as easy, only takes 30-45mins
                  good luck

Comment

greasy!

Originally posted by ssray
                    i had this very prob a few weeks ago, as you pulled away or as you came to a hault a knocking noise from under the floor near the passenger.
                    i checked it out couldn`t find any thing, the thing that cured our noise was lubing the cv joints on the drive shafts, completly cured it.
                    you just need a grease gun and sticky black grease(technical name)
                    hope yours is as easy, only takes 30-45mins
                    good luck
                    Thanks for the advice, we will try this too
                    Naomi
                    AKA - Mamadwyvin
                    www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

It's worth having a look at the anti roll bar too. If one of the bushes has perished or the bracket is broken it will knock. Cheap fix..................if you don't accidently let all your air con gas out in the process!!
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                      X