Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 power or slight lack of

Hi Chaps
    I am new to the surf scene so you may have to excuse my ignorance.
    I have a question about my surf which I have owned about a month. It is a 93' 2.4 TD auto SSRX, it starts and drive spot on, that is until I come to a hill and it seems to loose power even though the turbo kicks in and it trundles (20ish mph) to the top, this is without any load.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Neil

P.S Can anybody recommend any one who services surfs in the Leeds/Bradford area?

Hi Neil

I am a new Surf owner, but my previous car was a frontera (and I am proud to admit it).

From previous experiance, when I had the same problem, it could either be the fuel pump needing replacing or as I found last time, a pipe that went from the exhaust manifold/turbo housing to the fuel pump had come loose. I think the pipe had something to do with creating the vacuum in order to advance the fuel.
    This could explain the loss of power when going up hill.

As I say, this relates to the problems with my Frontera, so I hope it is of use to you.

Best wishes
    Mike
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Inveniam viam aut faciam" - S

Comment

Injector cleaner made a huge difference to mine, worth trying (only £5 for a bottle you chuck in with the fuel)

Comment

When was it last serviced? It could be as simple as a blocked fuel filter!!!
        [SIZE=5]martin [/SIZE]
        [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=lime]Where Pilgrims climb may grecians fall[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim fan
          When was it last serviced? It could be as simple as a blocked fuel filter!!!
          Cheers fellas
          I bought a bottle of Redex, filled up with diesel, put quarter of the bottle in and it has worked a treat. Goes like a good un now!

Neil

Comment

GCOB where are you mate? I'm in Horsforth.

Paul.
            French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Thought I would post my first message up and see if you found a garage in Leeds/Bradford area.

Might see one of you around as I live nr Tong Village, work in Headingley and frequent Horsforth often.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleds
                GCOB where are you mate? I'm in Horsforth.

Paul.
                Hi Paul/Deggers
                I'm In Cleckheaton off j27 m62 chainbar. Haven't found a garage as yet!
                i think my fuel filter needs changing as I've slowed down again (Dad your car's really slow - says the 4 year old from the back seat - bummer!)

Comment

Working...
                X