Air in heater matrix...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air in heater matrix...........

As its getting a bit nippy now,can anyone tell Me the best way to get air out of the heater.Its been slooshing for months now but doesn't give out any heat(not much) unless you drive up a hill the water gets into the heater and hey presto warmth.Cheers.
    CURRY-ER

It's on the Forum under Tech Links - Mechanical but the URL is below. Should be what your'e looking for

(Burping the cooling system)
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
      As its getting a bit nippy now,can anyone tell Me the best way to get air out of the heater.Its been slooshing for months now but doesn't give out any heat(not much) unless you drive up a hill the water gets into the heater and hey presto warmth.Cheers.
      There is a thread called, "Burping the cooling system." You could try a search on that.
      Alernatively, when the engine is cold, remove the filler cap on the engine, not the one on the expansion bottle and turn your heater(s) up to full temperature. Start the engine and hit the idle up button. If you can see that the water is going down, keep topping up with water/antifreeze mix. You will reach a point where the water doesn't seem to fall much but it may when the thermostat opens. Top up some more and squeeze the top hose and heater matrix hoses until you are happy that all the air is out. Replace the cap. Top up the expansion bottle. Take the truck for a run and check the expansion bottle is up to the min mark when the engine is cold. i.e next day. When the engine has reached normal temperature check that the water is up to the max mark. If not give it another drink.
      Just keep an eye on it for a few days and if all is well a weekly check is all thats required.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks for that,roll on summer!
        CURRY-ER

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
          Thanks for that,roll on summer!
          I wouldn't leave it until the Summer to bleed it. You need the heater now!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X