No announcement yet.

Crazy vacum system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isnt the pump on the back of the alternator?

Comment

Originally posted by RMS_CLK
      Isnt the pump on the back of the alternator?
      Close but no prize.It's on the front.

Neville

Comment

Info found in the general servicing sticky:

Vacuum pump rotors......Toyota Part 29331-56070 and cost £13.15 +VAT each.
        '89-'91 cars use four and the '91-'94 cars with the later type of alternator use three.

Comment

Originally posted by RMS_CLK
          Also 4wd wont work, and when switched on there is no vacum getting to the actuator at the transfer box
          I think the transfer case actuator has its own private vacuum system going on down there, I dont think its linked to the engine bay vacuum system. There is as far as I can see, no connection between the two.

Looking at the transfer actuator on the back of the case on my R150F, one vacuum pipe only is involved. It goes from the solenoid to the top of the Tcase just behind the lever mount. My theory would be that it is there to tell the system that if the 4WD button is pressed when the driver has already selected L4 then no to go trying to engage the 4WD again.

You could rule out certain things. If you put the truck up on 4 axle stands then select 4WD have a look and see if the transfer case is puttin drive out to the front flange, if not then the problem is behind that point. If it is turnin the front shaft then the problem is with the ADD. If it is with the ADD, tell me and I can help you skip a transfer case switch which might be the problem.
          Last edited by JimL; 21 February 2005, 23:47.

Comment

What weight is the surf. Im too lazy for axle stands but i dont wanna bust the 2 post. lol

Comment

just under 2 tonne so at 500kg a stand bob the builder ones should do

Comment

Working...
              X