Winding up boost pressure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winding up boost pressure.

Since im getting rid of the surf shortly, i thought i'd wind the boost up and see what sort of difference it makes. Put the bleed valve on and took her a run. Stopped wound the bleed valve one full turn + drove again - No difference. Stopped wound the bleed valve two full turns + drove again - still no difference. Stopped wound the bleed valve another full turn (almost full boost) + drove again - no difference in power, however a sensor must have detected over-boost and put the red light on. Got out and wound valve down + noticed oil sprayed around the turbo. Pressure must have damaged the seals. So for anyone who was thinking about experimenting with boost - dont bother it wont make a pick of difference. Did notice a real difference in power tonight however in the frosty air. I get the feeling an intercooler would be a good mod.

So let me get this straight.

You have blown the seals on your turbo, and you are about to shift your surf on....

Lets hope your potential buyer doesn't read the forum...

andyL

Comment

yeah anyone in northern ireland beware lol

Comment

No the seals arnt permenanty blown, but the pressure blew oil past them. The point was however, that im surprised the extra boost didnt give her a bit more get up and go.

Comment

yep u would think so try the actuator m8

Comment

Hmm, sounds to me like the bleeder valve was bleeding off preassure. Not what u would expect it to do huh?

Comment

Wots a bleed valve?

Kev

Comment

Its a small valve that when attached to the actuator hose, can be used to control turbo boost.

Comment

Working...
                X