Swapping for 3l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping for 3l

Im having more problems with overheating again. Its loosing water and its a complete mystery where its going to. Its not mixing, no steam, no obvious leaks. It is also very much down on power. Im thinking of throwing a 3l engine in. Does anyone know will this fit using my existing mounts + gearbox etc? My current engine is a 2-lt. Anything i should know before i try this?

3l

Do you mean the 3Ltr, or the 3L 2.8 normally aspirated engine the 2.8 should fit straight in without to much chopping about, but may be a bit flat for your Surf, 3ltr should also go in but you may have quite a few fuel/electrical/ECU issues to get over.
    Cheers Steve.
    A word of warning the 3l (2.8 ) uses virtually the same cylinder head as your 2.4, i looked at 2 other, 2.8 crew cabs before i bought the one iv'e got, one was pressurising the cooling system bad style and the other had more oil in the coolant than water.
    Last edited by stevo; 31 January 2005, 22:37. Reason: more info

Comment

Water is going somewhere - either internally or leaking. Lay a sheet of white paper under the engine, start and run. Have a look-might just be a pin hole in a hose.

Comment

It has completely sh1t the bed today (scuse my french). Started off to work and while slowing at a junction it completely cut out. Then has to wind over for ages to start again. Will drive for a short while (matter of seconds) and then loses power and dies. Turbo is !!!!ing oil aswell. Might as well face it - I got myself a proper lemon. Sold as seen aswell. I thought at the time toyota - will run forever. Im fit to be tied at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X