Rear/tailgate window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear/tailgate window

Right, I have a bit of a strange one, my rear window is opening by its self, it wont close unless I take the connector and reverse the connection/polarity at the motor on the tail gate, the motor would seem to be constantly trying to work as it gets very hot. If I disconnect the switch in the front which operates the window it still happens, is there a relay for this?? I have checked the micro switch on the key barrel and all is ok there. I have seen in other threads there is a control box but where a bout’s, I have been unable to find it Checked the rear quarter panel and its not in there, I’ve checked the wiring loom as far as I can and can see no damage.

cheers
    Rabbie

"Blossom" she's a 93 2.4td SSRX & we luv her, cost a fortune but we still luv her

Door and window control box is behind the footwell kick panel on the drivers side.
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

cheers,

Ill take a look tomorrow, I’ve had most other panels out today, I found a small blue box at the rear passenger side quarter panel, tucked well out of view which I think is the relay box mentioned in other threads, before I worry about that I’ll see what is in the control box you’ve mentioned, this car is costing me a fortune, Ive had my 1983 V8 110 Land Rover for 2 years and all she's cost me is the price of a regular Oil change, it’s got me to the South of France and back twice towing the Caravan, we did take the Surf last year but the head blew on route so I ended up using the Landy, all four cylinders had cracked on the surf, now this window thing and I have just replaced both battery’s (both were dead) that may have been caused by this problem as the motor was constantly being feed current?
      Rabbie

"Blossom" she's a 93 2.4td SSRX & we luv her, cost a fortune but we still luv her

Comment

window motor

just found a site that sells rear window motors 102quid each www.toyotahilux.com

Comment

Working...
        X