Problem with 4 wheel drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 4 wheel drive

When i put my Surf into 4wheel drive it will drive ok until i turn the steering wheel onto full lock. What happens is it seem to lose drive then it comes back in a stop-start type of way. Its difficult to explain, so i hope you get my drift. i also noticed it does it driving in a straight line in low ratio 4x4.
    Please help. Need to go fishing soon!!!!!
    Mr. Fish
    Very annoyed about some little S**t Keying my Surf.

You could have a broken CV joint on the front drive shafts. Or the ADD system could not be enguaging properly.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by alanfish27
      When i put my Surf into 4wheel drive it will drive ok until i turn the steering wheel onto full lock. What happens is it seem to lose drive then it comes back in a stop-start type of way. Its difficult to explain, so i hope you get my drift. i also noticed it does it driving in a straight line in low ratio 4x4.
      Please help. Need to go fishing soon!!!!!
      When you are using 4wd is it while your off road(wet mud etc)or are you using it on hard surfaces(tarmac).

Comment

mostly on tarmac.
        thanks for your continued help chaps!!
        Mr. Fish
        Very annoyed about some little S**t Keying my Surf.

Comment

Originally posted by alanfish27
          mostly on tarmac.
          thanks for your continued help chaps!!
          Thats why, you shouldn't use it 4wd on tarmac or any hard surface other wise you will end doing big damage like buggering cv's drive shafts etc.Only use 4wd on surfaces where you are loosing grip ie;snow,sloppy mud etc there are a few threads on the site regarding use of 4wd its worth while reading it,it can save you hassle and money in the long run!

Comment

Read it here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ht=wheel+drive

Comment

Working...
            X