Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Needed

Hi All,

Had the main Rad patched up at the top a couple of months back and it's gone again.

The metal that the rad is made from seems so thin.

So I need a rad for an auto, Anyone know any place different to roughtrax.

Why does the rad keep going, is there any underlying problem.

I keep thinking of head and gasket but if the gasket is leaking surely there should be a loss in pressure.

Cheers

Mike

Best to get it Recored as its cheaper. Milners only do one for the Manual SURF.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSurf
      Hi All,

Had the main Rad patched up at the top a couple of months back and it's gone again.

I keep thinking of head and gasket but if the gasket is leaking surely there should be a loss in pressure.

Cheers

Mike
      had my radiator repaired and re-enforforced once, to the top right hand side; blew again after 30 miles,so thinking it was a weak spot, dug deep and splashed out on a new auto rad from roughtrax £320ish plus old rad.had it fitted ,400kls later the new rad split across the top tank.head had been replaced before i purchaced the vehicle,so had the gasket replaced,since then ,no more problems from burst rads...had oil contamination in water,aferwards,panicked a bit at first,but since flushing cooling system,everything o.k now,by the way,roughtrax replaced the new rad under warranty, even though they knew rad was'nt faulty,so thanks for that,imagine having to shell out twice for a new radiator.you can have your rad recored and pressure tested for a lot less money,but i was fed up with it being off the road so opted for new.in the end it worked for me.hope this helps.

Comment

exhausts,shocks rads/for surfs

hi mike a guy 0n ebay last month had surf rads,@150.00 and free postage,he does full exhausts,@150.00 free postage, and shocks @ 45.oo. and as shocks on at the moment, if you go onto ebay the members name is
        hamzalodhi48, the item number for the shocks is 4511921553
        input that then you ask the seller direct.
        hope it may help

Comment

Parts Plaza in east london do rads for surfs at quite cheap prices, think they are advertised on this site somewhere, i would look it up for you but have a bad hangover right now so just cant be bothered, sorry.
          If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
          I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Drove home from work 6 miles tonite, been losing coolant lately so checked under the bonnet when I got home.
            Definite high pressure in the top hose, no bubbling no coolant overflow nothing like that, but the top hose was very hot as was the top of the rad, while the bottom of the rad was stone cold, as was the bottom hose until it was 2 inches from the engine.

I'm thinkin I'm losing coolant from the rad, so air is goin in too, and just like a rad in the house, the air is interupting the flow which is otherwise fine coz I just flushed the other week.
            Last edited by JimL; 4 February 2005, 22:46.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSurf
              Hi All,

Cheers

Mike
              Got my recon/echange rad from Roughtrax £200 4 months ago- seems okay so far.

Nevillef
              Last edited by laser_jock99; 4 February 2005, 23:03.

Comment

Working...
              X