yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok silly question but does anyone know anything about exhausts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok silly question but does anyone know anything about exhausts?

Hi - sorry about the silly question and my complete lack of knowledge about this but weve owned a surf for just over a year and the time has come for a new exhaust - pretty simple you would think. But, the garage have tried to get one and given up - saying that its a jap import and the exhausts available to them do not fit.

Since then I have looked on various suppliers web sites and found a few but with an exception to the exhaust i have already - it has what looks like a small silencer box on the rear section - none of the plans or pics i have seen have this - am i going mad or can i fit an exhaust specificed for my surf. It is a 91 SSR Ltd 2.4td Auto (LN130)?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Try www.milneroffroad.com yours is a LN130 SURF
    Rear Exhaust Tail Pipe 1990 - 8/1993 005139 115.00
    Front Exhaust Pipe (auto only) 003324 45.00
    Intermediate Pipe with Flexi Pipe 003323 49.00
    Exhaust Sealing Ring (2 per vehicle) 000390 3.00
    Exhaust Manifold Stud (3 per vehicle) 001197 0.80
    Exhaust Manifold Nut (3 per vehicle) 001409 0.85
    Last edited by marky; 6 January 2005, 23:06.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

The small rear silencer can be left off. This was on e-bay recently, might be worth e-mailing them.
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
      Have you got the underslung spare wheel?
      Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
        The small rear silencer can be left off. This was on e-bay recently, might be worth e-mailing them.
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
        Have you got the underslung spare wheel?
        Pete

Yep - got the underslung spare wheel - does that make a difference?

Just looked at the link and this seems like the one the garage told me wouldnt fit - maybe they dont know what they are looking at - Thanks Pete i will drop them a line.
        Last edited by DBF; 6 January 2005, 23:35.

Comment

If your local exhaust place is up to it, you can get one for a 3 litre petrol 4Runner and modify the front silencer connecting flange. Needs to be shortened, generally by cutting off the old one and the new one and welding the old one to the new exhaust. The 3 Litre petrol one is slightly larger diameter (1/8th inch) which works well for the 2.4 Surf but in all other places is identical to the 2.4 Diesel one.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
            If your local exhaust place is up to it, you can get one for a 3 litre petrol 4Runner and modify the front silencer connecting flange. Needs to be shortened, generally by cutting off the old one and the new one and welding the old one to the new exhaust. The 3 Litre petrol one is slightly larger diameter (1/8th inch) which works well for the 2.4 Surf but in all other places is identical to the 2.4 Diesel one.

Cheers

the rear box over the axle is a resonator box, had a 30.V6 runner exhaust fitted to my 2.4. Had the resonator box cut off and replaced with straight pipe, no difference. If I remember correctly early 2.4's don't have this, up to late 92??, from then on it was fitted?? unless its already been changed at some point.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
              If I remember correctly early 2.4's don't have this, up to late 92??, from then on it was fitted?? unless its already been changed at some point.
              Nah, our 89' doesn't have one, nor Linda's 94' 3.0. So it looks like only the V6 and last year of the 2.4 had it.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Nah, our 89' doesn't have one, nor Linda's 94' 3.0. So it looks like only the V6 and last year of the 2.4 had it.
                My 1993 2.4 has one, think you are right, think it was only end 92 to the end of the 2.4 that had the exhaust resonator on the back.

Cheers

Comment

Get a custom manufacturer like powerflow to make you a custom stainless one, between £200 - £400 for the full system inc lifetime warrenty( I doubt off road dents are covered, lol.)

Comment

I put a complete Milner replacement on my '90 2.4 last August...

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7359

Great price, holding up well, no worries. If you're any way mechanical, it's straightforward enough. If not, why not buy a Milner one (or whoever's you like the look of) and ask your local garage to fit it?

Mark
                    :

Comment

Working...
                    X