Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate

Hi all,

Just a couple of queries - there is a key lock on the back door of my surf and haven't a clue what it does ! I have tried my ignition key which seems to turn the lock but nothing happens !! any ideas ??

Also am I also correct in saying that you have to wind down the window to use the lever on the inside to open the tailgate as I have dogs and its a chore having to do the above all of the time. Maybe the key hole on the back door has something to do with it ??

Last one - Tyre pressures there's naff all tyre pressure wise on the wall of the tyres any clue what they should be ?

Cheers
    yeah but, No but, yeah but, No but, yeah but, W'eva !

hi mate -
    the key should do the window - do a search for rear window servicing or similar and you might find broken wires. yes the window has to be down so you can reach in and unlock.... fine if you rear window works on the key
    tyres i think I run around 30-33 ish
    good luck!
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

The key hole is for lowering the window, one way up the other down.

Tyre pressures are 28-34 psi see what's best for you.

Comment

thanks guys more than likely have to take rear hatch apart as it does naff all
        yeah but, No but, yeah but, No but, yeah but, W'eva !

Comment

Fairly straightforward job. Agree with tyrepressures, I run 30psi all round with B/F M/T's. Had my 3.0 TD for six months, I think i'm in love! I've owned just about everything from an Austin 7 to a VW Camper and this is the most satisfying.
          I think I've found everything and luckily it all works! The only mystery is a chrome barell about 3'' long, 1'' in diameter, open at one end with a lock in the other. The key fits but does not appear to do anything. If you look down the barell there are two opposed lugs each side of the lock body. It was found in the centre arm rest with the wheel nut key but for the life of me I cannot find a use for it. Any long-timers got a clue?
          Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

Comment

Long Chrome Thing

This sounds like it could be the outer from a locking wheel nut for your spare wheel.......but thats just a guess.

Comment

Thanks Kev! Spare appears to use same key thingy as wheel nuts but I will check again. My early thoughts were that it locked the spare carrier in some way.
              Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

Comment

This sounds like the security device for the spare. Put the key in, doesn't turn, slip it over a bolt that holds the sparte on the rear carrier, then pull the key out. It should stay on the bolt, but be free to spin preventing removal of the spare.

Comment

Originally posted by filgreen
                  This sounds like the security device for the spare. Put the key in, doesn't turn, slip it over a bolt that holds the sparte on the rear carrier, then pull the key out. It should stay on the bolt, but be free to spin preventing removal of the spare.
                  If you can get it back on the spare wheel carrier. it's probably in the armrest because, like me, the previous owner coudn't get it back on.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                  X