Can anybody help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody help?

I got my Surf in march . its a brilliant vehicle and I love it to bits. However I could do with some answers to the following questions

1) Can a tow ball be fitted to a Hi Surf cos it looks like the spare wheel carrier gets in the way

2) If answere to above is yes where can I get one and how much are they

3)how many kms between cam belt changes

4) is it possible to convert to mph clock or make the existing clock read as mph instead of kmh

5) mine seems happy at 60 to 65 mph ( about 100 kmh) is that normal or is mine lazy

6) what are the main faults / weaknesses of the hi surf

7) is mine 1st or 2nd generation. its on an H plate which is 1992

any answers gratefully recieved

Cheers

Izzy

Originally posted by Izzy
    I got my Surf in march . its a brilliant vehicle and I love it to bits. However I could do with some answers to the following questions

1) Can a tow ball be fitted to a Hi Surf cos it looks like the spare wheel carrier gets in the way YES Check surf towing thread in the basement

3)how many kms between cam belt changes 100.000kms

4) is it possible to convert to mph clock or make the existing clock read as mph instead of kmh MPH SPEEDO FACE is available
    5) mine seems happy at 60 to 65 mph ( about 100 kmh) is that normal or is mine lazy You can go faster its upto you6) what are the main faults / weaknesses of the hi surf HEADS
    7) is mine 1st or 2nd generation. its on an H plate which is 1992 2nd Gen

Cheers

Izzy
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Izzy

1) Can a tow ball be fitted to a Hi Surf cos it looks like the spare wheel carrier gets in the way
      yes
      theres lots of links on the furum, do a search for towbar, you should find them there
      3)how many kms between cam belt changes
      100,000 you'll get a T/Belt light on at 100k to remind you.
      4) is it possible to convert to mph clock or make the existing clock read as mph instead of kmh
      Yep, you can change the dash face, or fit a little gearbox to the speedo cable, should have been do to get an MOT
      5) mine seems happy at 60 to 65 mph ( about 100 kmh) is that normal or is mine lazy
      Its OK, should do up to 70 with no dramas, MPG suffers if your always in to the go pedal though
      6) what are the main faults / weaknesses of the hi surf
      rear window needs keeping lubed, and on 2.4s keep the cooling system 100% as if it overheats, the head will crack, some crack anyway, its about the only real thing to worry about.
      7) is mine 1st or 2nd generation. its on an H plate which is 1992
      2nd gen, 1989 to 95

Izzy
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

IZZY also try TOWSURE & Roughtrax
        http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...5&category=224
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
        X