Old and new 2.4 head design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old and new 2.4 head design

I'm in the process of sourcing a new head for a 2.4 TD (either 2LT or 2LTE). Can anyone give me a few pointers on the difference between the old and new head designs (visual differences).
    Ta and Happy New Year

Scuddy

PS think its a great idea we keep a tally on the forum for the donations to the Indian Ocean Appeal
    ------------------------------------
    Look out! Ee

cyl head

Originally posted by Scuddy
    I'm in the process of sourcing a new head for a 2.4 TD (either 2LT or 2LTE). Can anyone give me a few pointers on the difference between the old and new head designs (visual differences).
    Ta and Happy New Year

Scuddy

PS think its a great idea we keep a tally on the forum for the donations to the Indian Ocean Appeal
    Not a lot of visual difference i'm afraid, i've measured a 40 thou difference in the thickness of the casting of the modified cyl heads that we supply.
    Cheers Steve.

Comment

I dont think there is any visual differences but i think the problems have been sorted internally..

A good source of heads is www.ukcylinderheads.co.uk it will come already Kamed and shimed they also supply it with the gasket set and new stretch bolts
      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
        I dont think there is any visual differences but i think the problems have been sorted internally..

A good source of heads is www.ukcylinderheads.co.uk it will come already Kamed and shimed they also supply it with the gasket set and new stretch bolts

Also Stevo now supplys them a bit cheaper and with timing belt supplied
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

As NIGEL has stated STEVO supplies new heads, Give him a ring on 0161-476-6144 Office hours only
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Working...
          X