diff leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diff leak

hi can eney one hellp.. i have a leak on the o/s side rear wheell, its not brake fluid, and after taking the wheel and drum off i think it is coming from a seal but am not shure, and dont know if it is ok to remove the four bolts on the other side and pull the asembily apart.. is seal is just there.. eney hellp would be apritiated thanks

Originally posted by neo
    hi can eney one hellp.. i have a leak on the o/s side rear wheell, its not brake fluid, and after taking the wheel and drum off i think it is coming from a seal but am not shure, and dont know if it is ok to remove the four bolts on the other side and pull the asembily apart.. is seal is just there.. eney hellp would be apritiated thanks

Yes you can undo the 4 bolts and pull it apart but you will also need to disconect the brake line and the hand brake cable. I had this problem a while ago and had to replace 2 seals the o-ring and found the bearing was gone as well, all parts available from milners for a round £40.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

jon

thanks can u please tell me what the seals are caled or do you just ask for a seal for the diff or will they know plus was the £40 with the bearing. ps do you have ther teliphone number....pps was it hard to do

Comment

01629-734411
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

diff

hi again thanks for the info.. i have looked at Millner off Road for the parts,, {Rear Halfshaft Seal Outer ,,Rear Halfshaft Seal Inner,,Rear Axle O Ring.,,} is this all i need to do the job or should i get the Rear Wheel Bearing as well,, ther has been a nois from around ther..
          thnks

Comment

This might help I would order the bearing and retainer as well just to be on the safe side.
            Attached Files
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

hard if you don't get new shrink rings.... easy if you do!.... just cut them off and replace!...

inner oil seal was fiddly too, but might be different on 2nd gen.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X