Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure Guage

Hi All,

Got a problem with my oil pressure guage. Before I had my head replaced it seemed to be working fine. Now when the engine is idling it sits about 3 quaters high and then when I rev the engine it goes off the dial. Spoke to mechanic but he pretty much just shrugged his shoulders and scratched his head and thats it. Just wondering if the wiring to the guage is faulty or is the oil pressure actually that high?

Cheers

Scott.
    This may or maynot help as you have a LN130, but the KZN 130 (1KZ-TE) has the facility to fit a external pressure gauge, directly onto the engine, adjacent to the oil filter, so a mechanic can take a reading & check to see if its Ok.

If you can get hold of a copy of the 1KZ-TE workshop engine manual , instructions are on page 345.

As a say it may not help, but ???????????
    But i'd expect the LN 130 would have a similar setup.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Get the pressure checked and also check on the type of oil that you have in engine.Wrong oil can cause this and high pressure won't be good for engine.

Neville

Comment

Maybe head gasket is incorrect or badly fitted (although this is pretty impossible because of the shape of it). That may cause blockage of some of the oil ways and may cause high oil pressure. Definately get the pressure checked as I have seen high oil pressure do some nasty things like blowing the oil filter off (not good if you are driving as it will rapidly empty the engine of oil and sieze it completely).

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the feedback

The engine is running Castrol GTX Diesel. I assume that this would be suitable for the 2.4 Turbo Diesel. How do I check the Oil Pressure, do I have to take it to a mechanical workshop for this to be done? The car seems to be running alright and doesn't blow too much smoke unless I really get stuck into the throttle.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Surfer
            Thanks for the feedback

The engine is running Castrol GTX Diesel. I assume that this would be suitable for the 2.4 Turbo Diesel. How do I check the Oil Pressure, do I have to take it to a mechanical workshop for this to be done? The car seems to be running alright and doesn't blow too much smoke unless I really get stuck into the throttle.

Cheers
            GTXD is fine for the 2.4. Unless you can get hold of an oil pressure gauge with appropriate unions you are better taking it to a workshop. I use GTXD magnatec and find the pressure is low when the oil is new and builds up as the oil gets older and sludgier so I would think that either your pressure gauge is faulty, then there is a problem. Maybe an oil filter problem as I presume they probably changed the filter when they changed the head. I have seen this before if the incorrect filter has been used that doesn't allow an appropriate oil flow through.

Cheers

Comment

It don't think it is the oil filter as I have changed it since with the same result. (The car has done over 5000klms like this with seemingly no probs ) Does anybody know where the oil pressure sensor is on these things? Looks to me if its at the front of the engine on the drivers side just above the condensor fans. Not 100% sure but.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Surfer
                It don't think it is the oil filter as I have changed it since with the same result. (The car has done over 5000klms like this with seemingly no probs ) Does anybody know where the oil pressure sensor is on these things? Looks to me if its at the front of the engine on the drivers side just above the condensor fans. Not 100% sure but.
                Wrong! It's down near oil filter and toward rear of engine.There is a wire from Alternator loom that connects to it.

Neville

Comment

Working...
                X