Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Filter Light ON

Hi everyone,

des anyboy know the proper procedure of resetting the Diesel Filter light o Toyota Hilux 2.8 model ? I have approach the toyota technician but they seemed like not happy to gimme the procedure "or they called it a "formula"" on resetting the light once i change the filter.

please help.

thank you very much.
    Jack

The timing belt warning light comes on at 100,000km intervals to indicate that the timing belt (also called a cam belt) needs to be renewed.
    Once the timing belt has been changed the warning light (on some models) can be reset by removing the small rubber bung on the clear dash panel by the speedo and inserting a small screwdriver or pencil and pressing the tiny reset switch below. Not sure if its what Ur after but worth a try for the filter light.
    Last edited by Deviant 1; 23 November 2004, 02:33.
    !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Friend,

nope, it doesn't help

the switch that actually turns on the light is the switch that screwed at the filter, some say once remove the switch the light should go off. however, it is learnt that there is a proper procedure from TOYOTA to manually reset it.

Comment

Jack,
        Yes your correct, when changing the fuel filter, the sensor switch has to be disconnected, then after replacing the fuel filter, the sensor cable is reconnected, there is no need to reset anything. Your Toyota mechanic ( or whoever ) is giving you incorrect info OR :

1- Did the light come on, while you were driving etc & you haven't touched anything in the fuel filter location? if yes then change the fuel filter.
        2- Light is on after a filter change, either cable not connected or damaged filter sensor ( easily done )
        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

If it has only just come on while driving then there is water in the filter.There is a small drain tap on bottom.Unscrew a few turns and allow to drain until all water is removed.Do not drive with water in filter as injectors will be damaged.

Neville

Comment

Heres a piccy for you
            Attached Files
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X