X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mark1316
    If i dont get one then you can get into him for me lol
    I'll try and find out where his office is.

Oh, btw, I meant to ask about the us of heating oil in surfs, I know that its probably not legal coz of duty and stuff but how much different is it from derv and bio and svo ??? Its only about 25p/litre..
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob
      I'll try and find out where his office is.

Oh, btw, I meant to ask about the us of heating oil in surfs, I know that its probably not legal coz of duty and stuff but how much different is it from derv and bio and svo ??? Its only about 25p/litre..
      there was a mention on the forum a while back about that Bob so you would have to have a good search thru and see if you can find it
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Just did a search, and basically ( according to general opinion)its not good for the engines and if you get caught it can get real messy with C&E, so svo seems a more sensible option from a leagal standpoint.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

• All I know about this is clean veg oil from wholesale is the best 50/50 with derv. Chip shop oil too much work plus if they do the chicken or anything like that animal fats that blocks your tubs up in your truck and you. I have been testing a mix of acetone seems to give better acceleration and a little bit more mpg

Comment

• Originally posted by rally_man
            All I know about this is clean veg oil from wholesale is the best 50/50 with derv. Chip shop oil too much work plus if they do the chicken or anything like that animal fats that blocks your tubs up in your truck and you. I have been testing a mix of acetone seems to give better acceleration and a little bit more mpg
            WVO is usable if filtered and dewatered correctly. Not perfect, due to other impurities, but usable. Acetone is one thing I would advise against however. Granted it is diluted, but it is a highly aggressive solvent, and there's no info regarding its long term effects on an engine.

Edit: Also, the derv/VO ratio is highly dependent upon many factors. 50/50 is a testbed ratio. Nice figure to work from, but can swing both ways. It's dependant upon everything from the weather to specific engine components.
            Last edited by MattF; 12 February 2007, 05:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by plumb bob
              Just did a search, and basically ( according to general opinion)its not good for the engines and if you get caught it can get real messy with C&E, so svo seems a more sensible option from a leagal standpoint.
              Neither is better from a legal standpoint. If you're not paying duty, both will drop you in the cr@p by the same degree. Heating oil would not be that good for an engine, though. Not even sure if it would work at all, to be honest.

Comment

• i'm also legal as of yesterday , form says i'll get a HO 930 form each month for me to declare what i used that month and if i used nothing just to enter zero and send it back to Birmingham. From what i read its 0.2835p per litre used in duty . As mentioned earlier declare 20 litres and use 150 litres , damn greedy government should see this as a way forward to going green and saving the ozone not a money making exercise.

Comment

• Originally posted by internetsurfer
                  i'm also legal as of yesterday , form says i'll get a HO 930 form each month for me to declare what i used that month and if i used nothing just to enter zero and send it back to Birmingham. From what i read its 0.2835p per litre used in duty . As mentioned earlier declare 20 litres and use 150 litres , damn greedy government should see this as a way forward to going green and saving the ozone not a money making exercise.

M8 i think that rate is for Bio?. If its SVO then its 0.4835p i think
                  Lean Green Veggie Machine

Comment

M8 i think that rate is for Bio?. If its SVO then its 0.4835p i think
                    Correct. It is 48p a litre if you are using SVO.

Looking back a couple of pages, I noticed people saying chip shop oil is no good to use unless its filtered and dewatered correctly.

I have been using Waste Vege Oil for the past 12mths with no problems.

I have a filter system set up which you will find the details for in a previous post of mine on this thread. As long as the oil is left to settle for a couple of weeks before filtering, you will get all of the water and animal fats sinking to the bottom. You then just filter above the line.

I generally only use the WVO in the summer, but that is just be being over cautious. I also know that the Oil is only used for chips and a bit of fish as I get it from the canteen at work.

If you can get a good quality supply, then there is no problem using WVO. I've also heard that WVO get attract the lower rate of duty because of the work required and equipment used to filter it. I still pay the highter rate, but if anyone can confirm the cheaper rate, then I'll start using that.
                    Just Vegging Out

Comment

• 48P thanks for that , bit vague these hm/ce forms .

Comment

• I think in time they will reduce or do away with the duty on all oil. If you play by the rules and declare every drop then you pay more than you will for fuel?. The goverment like to make all the noise about alt fuel sources but just use it to screw the normal person. Who would rather pay £1.13 per l and smell like a chippy or use straight fuel for 0.90 per l? Blow a hole in the ozone and blame Blair lol

Comment

• SVO has duty of 28.35p if it meets the fiscal definition of Biofuel.
                          KTC have stated that their rapeseed oil exceeds HMRC specification, that's what I'm using and am paying 28.35 PPL

Comment

• Originally posted by hilux hunter
                            SVO has duty of 28.35p if it meets the fiscal definition of Biofuel.
                            KTC have stated that their rapeseed oil exceeds HMRC specification, that's what I'm using and am paying 28.35 PPL

Nice to know but where do you get rapeseed oil and how much is it ?

Comment

the rapeseed oil is the stuff from tesco.just look on the bottle Mark and it should say on it
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

It's the one you see in supermarkets with the little yellow flowers on the label.

Comment

Working...
                                X