X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum hints and tips

1/
    Profile, user control panel, options, remove tick in box for........

Use 'Email Notification' by default?
    Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

Its a pain in the ass if you post alot, you can still click on 'e-mail replys' on individual post if they are important.

2/

tick this box......

Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?
    This will pop up a small warning box when you receive a Private Message asking whether you want to view the message.

this will make it obvious when you have a PM, and might relieve the "you have PM...." posts that some people don't like.

Any other problems, queries post 'em up here.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

and whats this "newbee surfer" stuff .............. can't we carry the posts over

Comment

Originally posted by Steven
      and whats this "newbee surfer" stuff .............. can't we carry the posts over

Everyone started with a clean slate, user title will change with the amount of posts you have.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

how many posts do i have to hit to get rid of newbie status
        so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by surffreak
          how many posts do i have to hit to get rid of newbie status
          five o 50
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

how do you post pictures cant fathom it out at all?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              how do you post pictures cant fathom it out at all?
              If you have webspace of your own, download the piccys to it. While viewing your webspace click on the pic you want to put on the forum here and when it shows on the screen, click on the address bar and press Ctrl C to copy the address so that you can paste it.
              Then come to forum and when you are in 'post reply mode' click on the postcard icon at the top of the reply. Now press Ctrl V and click on OK. Done, easy...

But if you dont have your own webspace what you do is 'attach' your picture to the reply by clicking on 'Manage Attachments' underneath the reply area (before you submit your reply). Click on 'Browse' in there, search your PC for the pic, click on it, click now on 'Add This File' and youre away in a hack.

Comment

'Manage Attachments' underneath the reply area (before you submit your reply). Click on 'Browse' in there, search your PC for the pic, click on it, click now on 'Add This File' and youre away in a hack.

hope this works
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by myself
                  But if you dont have your own webspace what you do is 'attach' your picture to the reply by clicking on 'Manage Attachments' underneath the reply area (before you submit your reply). Click on 'Browse' in there, search your PC for the pic, click on it, click now on 'Add This File' and youre away in a hack.
                  Right then since I havent actually used this on this forum (did on the old forum lots of times thought) I better follow my own instructions and see what happens... :cringe:

10.30pm **edit** no no no it didnt work :dbl cringe: trying again...ok I've realised that the last one I tried to attach was 134kbytes (on the old forum the max was 75kb) so now I've attached one which is 64kb so here goes (dont have a clue what it is though)

10.35pm **edit again** sorry marky dont know how to attach obviously only know how to link to my free webspace...

success at last...
                  Last edited by JimL; 30 September 2003, 22:39. Reason: waffler

Comment

Jim, are you waiting long enough for the pic to upload in the little screen, you have to wait till the file name and size appears, then carry on.

Comment

Vids...

Originally posted by Koi
                      Everyone started with a clean slate, user title will change with the amount of posts you have.
                      If we have vids of offroading, how do we get em onto the vid section?
                      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                        If we have vids of offroading, how do we get em onto the vid section?
                        send them to me and I will put them on.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

how to shrink

Originally posted by JimL
                          If you have webspace of your own, download the piccys to it. While viewing your webspace click on the pic you want to put on the forum here and when it shows on the screen, click on the address bar and press Ctrl C to copy the address so that you can paste it.
                          Then come to forum and when you are in 'post reply mode' click on the postcard icon at the top of the reply. Now press Ctrl V and click on OK. Done, easy...

Hi i keep on trying to put on my pics but the files are to big is there any kind of way that you can make them smaller so they actually fit
                          steve

Comment

Originally posted by diverlamb
                            Hi i keep on trying to put on my pics but the files are to big is there any kind of way that you can make them smaller so they actually fit
                            steve
                            You need to edit them using paint shop pro or similar. If you get stuck email them to me and I'll resize them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                              five o 50
                              or pay the £10 membership
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X